Multi sensor detector
- Built in short circuit isolation
- New advanced Opal protocol allows mapping of the loop for precise fault location using isolators
- Tri colour LED offering red, green and amber colours
- Rotary decade address switches
- Pure white colour to complement modern buildings
- 100% mechanical and electrical backwards compatibility
- Base designed to ease installation and wiring
Availability: 16 in stock
The Opal multi-criteria, multi-sensor, photo, thermal detector uses thermal assistance to the core photoelectric smoke detector to give enhanced false alarm immunity and faster response to a wide range of incipient fi res. The plug-in unit combines two separate sensing elements that are managed by embedded software to act as a single unit. The Opal NFXI-SMT2 conforms to EN54-7, a 58°C fixed temperature and rate of rise thermal assistance conforming to EN54-5.
The thermal detection function combines thermistor technology with a software corrected linear temperature response. In areas where the normal daytime activities may potentially create unwanted alarms, the detector can be programmed to operate in a “heat only” mode, automatically reverting to full photo-thermal operation during unoccupied periods.
The sensing elements of the Opal NFXI-SMT2 are panel controllable so the sensitivity thresholds of each element can be changed by the panel offering the ability to customise the device for the changing use of the area it is protecting. The detector has built in short circuit isolation and two integral tri-colour LEDs that provide 360° local visual indication of the device status. The LEDs are programmable with static or blinking red, amber and green status indications available.