RS-485 Communication Module
• Compatible with ZX series multi protocol intelligent fire alarm control panels
• Easy plug-in type connection
• Hi-485 High-integrity option for critical applications
• Class-A or Class-B networking capability
• Peripheral bus for remote I/O devices
The serial communication modules are plug-in expansion modules for use in the ZX series intelligent multi-protocol fi re alarm control panels. These optional modules add optically isolated communication ports to the ZX series control panels to allow serial communications for networking and peripherals. The RS485 communication module can also be used in conjunction with the i-485 conversion module for systems requiring a “High Integrity” loop for network communications. The Hi-485 nodes are able to detect and isolate transmission line faults such as short and open circuits on the network wiring. The Hi-485 modules also act as signal repeaters/boosters, which enable “High Integrity” loops of up to 12 km (39,370 ft) to be constructed.